This is a family favourite (seeing how we are a family of vegans) and we use it as a substitute for cheese, yoghurt, sour cream, on pizzas, felafels, in a sandwhich instead of mayonnaise and it's nutritious- lots of good oils and vitamin E. We have recently discovered that what we thought was an "original" idea has been around probably for centuries in the Middle East!
- Unhulled Tahini (for a smokey taste and nutrition, rather than hulled)
- Soy milk
- Mix two tblsp of tahini with the juice of half a lemon in a little bowl. It will get thicker and drier as you mix.
- Add salt to taste, we use about 1/4 tsp
- Gradually add soy milk in about tsp increments and stir until you reached your desired consistency.
- Taste it and adjust any of the flavours to suit your liking
(Published in sections: Recipes :: )