Spiced Rice or Quinoa SaladSarah | 18.01.2012 | 02:31:17 | Views: 4856
It took me a while to work out how to cook eggplant. I don't know why. It's fairly easy. I simply sliced it, diced it, and browned in a pan with a little olive oil. I used basmati rice for this recipe and spooned the dressing on top.
1 cup (200 g) brown rice or quinoa
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons spiced tomato chutney
3 tablespoons lemon juice
Chives, or mint and chilli
salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 large tomatoes, diced
1. Cook rice as per instructions on pack.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Cook eggplants about 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat, leave to cool.
4. Combine chutney, lemon juice, eggplant and chives or mint and chilli in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix in cooked rice and tomatoes.
5. Line a serving plate with lettuce. Top with rice mix and olives.
(Published in sections: Recipes :: )